No, Manscaped does not cut your balls, and it is safe if you use it with safety guards.
Manscaped Lawn Mower is a trimmer designed specifically for the groin area. The safety guards help reduce the chance of nicks and cuts. However, without the guard, there is a higher chance Manscaped cut your balls, but you get a more precise result.
Manscaped developed SkinSafe technology, which means they use replaceable ceramic blades 3mm back from the edge and precision-engineered for safety while trimming below the waist. However, SkinSafe technology does not guarantee cut protection.
Table of Contents
- What to do If Manscaped cuts your balls accidentally
- How to use Manscaped to avoid cutting your balls
- Aftercare, ensuring your manscaping lasts longer
- How long do Manscaped blades last?
What to do If Manscaped cuts your balls accidentally
No matter how careful you are but without the safety guard, sometimes accidents happen when trimming your balls. Don’t panic! There are some ways you can ease the pain and heal the nick or cut.
First, clean the area with soap and water to prevent infection. Apply a small amount of antibacterial cream and cover it with a band-aid. If the cut or nick continues to bleed, apply pressure for a few minutes or until it stops.
Aftershave containing alcohol typically has astringent qualities and is an antiseptic against infection. Be warned: it may sting upon application.
A Styptic Pencil
The styptic pencil is a thin stick with astringents like anhydrous aluminum sulfate, potassium alum, or titanium dioxide. These ingredients are great for nicks and cuts.
An Alum Block
An alum block is a bar of soap made from potassium alum that works similarly to a styptic pencil.
To use, wet the bar and rub it on your skin.
Rollers & Gels
Rollers and gels are the next generation of Styptic Pencils. Although the active ingredients are similar, Rollers and gels tend to sting less, don’t leave a sticky residue, and are more convenient. Many of these products contain additional soothing ingredients like aloe and vitamin E for after-shave care.
The cold temperature constricts blood vessels, allowing a clot to form more quickly.
The alcohol in Listerine and other solutions prevents blood flow by causing tissues to contract.
How to use Manscaped to avoid cutting your balls
– Trim before showering, as the warm water softens your hair and skin for a closer trim.
– Use plenty of shaving gel or cream to reduce friction and irritation while manscaping.
– Pull the skin taut before trimming to avoid nicks and cuts.
– Shave in the direction of hair growth to prevent irritation and ingrown hairs.
– Rinse off any remaining shaving cream or gel to prevent irritation.
– Moisturize afterward to keep the skin soft and hydrated.
Manscaping is safe when done correctly with the right tools and techniques. However, if accidents do happen, there are ways to treat them appropriately.
Aftercare, ensuring your manscaping lasts longer
- Keep the trimmed area clean by showering regularly and using mild soap.
- Exfoliate gently to prevent ingrown hairs.
- Moisturize daily to keep the skin hydrated and smooth.
- Touch up as needed, usually every few days or once a week. Trim rather than shave for longer-lasting results.
Remember to always use caution while manscaping. Even with the right tools and techniques, accidents can happen, so be mindful of your movements and pay attention to what you are doing to avoid mishaps.
How long do Manscaped blades last?
The blades are made from high-quality materials and designed for the most sensitive skin areas on a man’s body. Manscaped blades last anywhere from one month to an entire year, depending on how frequently and intensely you use it. To avoid cutting your balls, it is important to replace them regularly and follow proper care and cleaning instructions.